Because they are so many things to see in London, here’s a little itinerary so as to (re)discover Kensington and its surroundings:
– You can arrive by the Notting Hill Gate station and begin your day with a little coffee or breakfast at Paul or Le Pain Quotidien, just at the exit of the station.
– Take the Portobello Road round trip to go to Portobello Market, and enjoy the colorful houses and the little shops all the way long. You can eat some Street food at the end of the market.
– Go and see Kensington Palace, even visit it if you want to (£19.50 for an adult ticket – https://www.hrp.org.uk/kensington-palace/).
– Cross Kensington gardens and go rest under a tree in Hyde Park, near the water of the Serpentine.
– Walk to the beautiful building of the Natural History Museum and discover the famous dinosaurs’ skeletons exposed there.
– If you still have some energy, you can also see an exhibition at the Science Museum nearby.
– Finally, you can finish this trip by doing some shopping in South Kensington and go back home through the South Kensington station.
Have a great day!