Happy Earth Day everyone!
Here is a list of 10 meaningful things you can do to help the environment, every little helps when trying to make our planet greener.
- Spare the atmosphere a little pollution by walking, biking, or taking public transportation to school or work on Earth Day. Who knows, maybe it will turn into a habit that the city can benefit from.
- Recycle! Think of all the trees you could be saving.
- Don’t forget your reusable bags! If you are headed shopping today, think about bringing a bag you already have with you rather than purchasing a brand new one from your local supermarket or shop. Carry one with you everywhere you go so you never forget.
- Plant some seeds or bulbs in a plant pot or in the garden and watch it grow!
- Grow your own herb garden
- Be more mindful of how much electricity you are using. Unplug any unused plugs and switch off switches that are not being used. Turn off any lights as you leave a room too.
- Bring your water bottle with you today (try to every day) rather than buying a brand new one, let’s try and save on plastic together!
- Plant a tree.
- Give up chewing gum. You might think that chewing gum is environmentally friendly, but it is actually made from a synthetic rubber, which is plastic. Around 100,000 tonnes of this plastic is thrown away every year, and a lot of it ends up on our streets. Next time you want minty-fresh breath, just brush your teeth rather than chewing on a piece of plastic.
- Unsubscribe from junk mail being posted into your letter box and any bank statments/invoices, switch over to paperless if you can. Think about how much paper you can save just by getting bank statements and bills sent electronically.