Let’s find out how well you know London and its culture with these 15 quick questions! (Answers at the end)
1. Who is London’s most notorious serial Killer?
2. By whom was London founded?
3. How long did it take to build the Shard?
4. When did the last execution in the Tower of London take place?
5. The City of London police are reigning Olympic champions for Britain in what sport?
6. What was Victoria Beckham’s nickname when she was in the Spice Girls?
7. What was JK Rowling’s job before she wrote Harry Potter?
8. Which English football club has won the Premier League the most times?
9. Which one of London’s public museum is the oldest in the world (founded in 1753)?
10. Where can we find Platform 9 ¾ from Harry Potter?
11. What was the capital of England before London?
12. Which countries make up the United Kingdom?
13. When did England win the FIFA World Cup?
14. What was the Tate Modern before being converted to a museum?
15. Which famous politician said this: “I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly”?
Here are the answers:
- Jack the Ripper
- The Romans
- 5 years, from 2007- 2012
- 1941, for a German spy Josef Jakobs
- Tug-of-war (since this sport has not featured as an Olympic event since 1920, the City of London Police remain reigning champions)
- English teacher, in Portugal
- Manchester United
- British Museum
- King’s Cross
- Winchester (London became the capital during the 12th)
- England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
- A power station
- Winston Churchill
You have more than 6 answers right? Good job! You’re a true Londoner.
⇒Now if you had a bad score and you need to go to London to improve your knowledge on this amazing city, we can help you to find a place to stay! London Homestays
Quiz – How well do you know London?
Let’s find out how with these 15 quick questions! @ukresidences #TuesdayThoughts #London #culturefirst #studyabroad https://t.co/BfQ4IebJ4v pic.twitter.com/JvuQrJyGS6
— ukstudentresidences (@ukresidences) July 3, 2018